Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Business Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus !!

I need Help/inputs on the following business Process:

We are into manufacturing & selling of Diesel Locomotive Engines. These Engines & its subcomponents first we assemble at a remote place far from main Plant. once the Engine is ready, we will put this inside the plant & then sell it.

( Plz remember all subcomponents will first come to main plant then to remote place for assembling then again to main plant to use it for business.)

please help me to MAP this business process in SAP. It would be great if you can explain all the activities of SAP that is going to be used ...like.. Production, Material management then Sales process.

if you need any clarification, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

MAYANK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

From the SD point of view, this is what I feel

To receive the components from other vendors, you 1st need to create a PO. When vendor fulfills the delivery for the PO, you do the GR into your main plant.

What you can do is that define 2 plants Plant A main plant & Plant B assembling plant. After you do GR into the mail plant A, then create a intra company stock transfer UB from Plant A to plant B. Delivery NL. Material type will be HALB raw materials. When the goods are assembled, they are treated as FERT finished goods. Then Plant B again does stock transfer to Plant A. When you do GR into Plant A, materials will be available in A. Post them into the required storage loc with relevant movement types.

From PLant A, to fulfill customer orders, do it in the normal order - delivery - invoice process.

I feel that this also requires integration MM & PP. I am not sure of the process they follow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSWERED

Thanks to all

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MAYANK

you could look into the Solution Manager Implementation content for SAP ERP. There you find "Scenario/ Process descriptions" and process flows over systems.

SAP ERP is structured for generic business processes. The business process, which you have in mind, requires several of them, and probably they are applied to your specific needs.

Furthermore helpful could be the overview information for enhancement packages on service.sap.com/erp-ehp. There you find informatino about recent enhancements also on a very detailled level

regards,

Andreas R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

We use the same process in our project wherein we have two plants say 1000 and 2000. But we had one in US and the other in singapore. So this process is treated as intercompany process where the following takes place:

Sales order raised by US. parts supplied from plant 2000,

and delivered by 2000 to plant 1000. Billing document raised against company 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank

You can treat this process as subcontracting. I feel your two plants have different excise registrations. So you can treat the second plant as a vendor & send materials from main plant to second pant with 57F4 challan.

You configure SAP subcontracting scenario. Also maintain material in both plants. You can use different series of part numbers for each transfers (Raw material, Semi finished & finished)

Regards

Deepu Pillai