cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master - Restrict Acess at Field Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where in the customer master I need to restrict access to a field to 2 users. Only these 2 users should be able to edit this specific field. For all other users, this field should be read-only. This is for both VD01 and VD02. How can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

GA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Great

>Give the useid to the Basis team and provide them with create / change authorisation and ask to remove the rights of VD01 / 02 from all other useid. This will be achive by authoristion restriction.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. I don't need to restrict the access to the whole transaction VD01/02 as such, but only a field in one of the tabs. I am hoping creating a new profile for this field access would help. I am talking to my Basis guy for getting this done. I will update as soon as I get this working.

Thanks!

GA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GA,

Your question is related to BASIS. so pass your rqiurement to

Basis guy. he will fix authorization as per your requirement.

I hope you are not working on IDES.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can try with PFCG (Role) & authorization fro teh Transatcion codes VD01 and VD02. You can consultant your Admin guy for furtehr help .

Refer below url for some inputs

[Restrcit access|]

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you may need to discuss with your Basis person on creating a new profile. Then this profile can be assigned to the two user ID.

Alternatively you discuss with an ABAP'er about using user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can achieve this through authorization; means you can give only display access for the users whom you don't want to edit the customer master.

I am not very sure if you can restrict the edit access for other users only for two fields which you are talking about.

Hrishi