cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step wait for event is not executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my Worfklow I have a task A where I can change, delete or post an invoice.

After that task I have a parallel part with 3 parallel branches. I my 1. branch I have a step wait for the event CHANGED of the object type FIPP. In my 2. branch I have a step wait for event DELETED of the object type FIPP and in my 3. branch I have a step wait for the event POSTED of object type FIPP.

When I post an invoice in task A the task wait for event FIPP.POSTED is not executed. In the WF Protocol I can see that task A is completed but the step wait for event FIPP.POSTED is not started.

I hope maybe someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks.

Regard,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

instead of a Activity step followed by a FORK step with 3 parallel branches, you will need to use only a FORK step with 4 parallel branches.

the 3 branches of this FORK step will be have 3 wait for event steps which you have already created. the 4th branch will have the Activity step.

Also, make the necessary steps for this FORK step as 2.

this will solve your problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you have misunderstood an important concept:

The events are triggered before the "wait for event" steps in your workflow.

You should either define the event as terminating events for task A. Or another option is to put the parallel branches to start before the step/task A - in a way that the events are being wait at the same time when the task A is being executed (difficult to explain but I hope you understand). The option you want to use depends on your workflow and your requirements.

Regards,

Karri