Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i display output in the same selection screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a requirement. Suppose in my selection screen there are three input fields. On the basis of this selection screens input It will display the output in the same selection screen. Can it be possible? .

Can it be possible to modify the default screen no for the selection screen 1000?

Thanks in advance.

Abhijit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to create an ALV output on the Selection Screen.

The whole idea is like:

You have to create a Docking container on the selection screen

Select the data for the ALV output and create an ALV on that container.

You can look at the full solution at [Display ALV Report output on Same Selection-Screen.|http://help-abap.blogspot.com/2008/10/dispaly-alv-report-output-in-same.html]

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't change the standard screen number 1000.

You cant write anything in this selection screen.

Instead you can design same thing in Module Pool Program and you can display text using Input / Output field.

Regards,

R.Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

My idea on your requirement is , it can be possible with module pool programming.

I have framed the sequence you follow them hope you will succeed

create the screen where first half you keep the 3 input fields, and in the second half of the screen keep for the output which you want to display.

Write all output statements in the second screen of PAI. I think this will work.

Hope my answer gave you Idea.

Cheers!!

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers and sorry I've done a mistake during asking my question. Actually I want to modify the default screen 1000. Not the screen no. Kindly tell me in details . I'm not fond of module pool.

Again Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijit,

Whatever changes made in STANDARD SELECETION SCREEN 1000 or screens generated using 'SELECTION-SCREEN' statements, are not permanent.

It will get back to its original appearance, while you execute again or some time later.

Whenever you get into 'CHANGE' mode of these screens, an information will be displayed as follows ;

Selection screen: Report generation makes screen
changes ineffective

Regards,

R.Nagarajan.

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to create an ALV output on the Selection Screen.

The whole idea is like:

You have to create a Docking container on the selection screen

Select the data for the ALV output and create an ALV on that container.

You can look at the full solution at [Display ALV Report output on Same Selection-Screen.|http://help-abap.blogspot.com/2008/10/dispaly-alv-report-output-in-same.html]

Regards,

Naimesh Patel