cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to scrap an expensed gr item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirment at the client that we need to scrap an expensed GR item. When I tried 551, it is asking for a storage location. But this item is not stored in any storage location. It is expensed to a cost center during GR. Can anyone let me know how to scrap? Thanks,

Regards,

Sundar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs,

Sundar

0 Kudos

Hai,

You can do this by

1. Do the MB1A with 202 mvt type to bring back the material to the storage location, as this material is directly consumed to the cost center.

2.Now do the MB1A with 551 mvt type to scrap the material & also u will get the accting documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunder,

First transfer this special (K) stock to own company premises stock with movement type 411 then do the scrap with 551 movement type, system will ask you for storage location because system need to update the quantity in storage location.

Thanks.

Trupti

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the meaning of "expensed gr item"? Are you speaking about something that was received against a PO with acount assignment category?

(I assume you are not speaking about a fixed asset)

In this case you can scrap it physically - this is purely business issue w/o SAP I think. If no stock, no material movement.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 23, 2008 9:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is exactly what it is. GR against po which has a line item which has account assignment categor as K - cost center.

We can do 122 (return to vendor) for the above GR items. But in this case we want to scrap.

Regards,

Sundar.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can scrap it only physically, because posting it to a cost center you already consumed it in SAP (no scrapping in SAP is possible). As I told you no stock, no material movement.

Please understand.

Regards,

Csaba

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

as u have already issues this to the costcenter it is get consumed

if it is asset then u can reverse the movenet of gr then take it to unrestricted use and then scrap using 551

whenever u issues any consumable material for cost center then it is get consumed at the cost center and u cant scrap it in sap system as there is no stock , so scrap it physically and the fi entries u can pass manually

regards

kunal