Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Test Catalog Between Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve made a test catalog in system A (source System), with a set of test configurations, each one with a different test script with test workbench tool. For the creation of test scripts/configurations I used ecatt tool more sprecific. For the majority of my test scripts I've created 2 parameters with default values.

I can test one script on specific or a set of them in STWB_1 transaction and everything works fine.

Then I want to transport my catalog to another system, System B (destination system), and I've create a transport request in the same transaction (STWB_1 -> Test Catalog ->Transport).

After import, in system B, the catalog looks fine, and seams that everything is ok, but when I test my scripts, some of them end with errors and others don't.

The ones with error, the motive is that the parameters are not being passed to the screen fields, however and we look inside the definition of the scripts, the default values are correct and seams that they were transport correct.

Does anyone knows why this happens?

Is there any problem passing ecatt scripts between different systems?

Thanks in advance

Sérgio, Davide e Rui

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

we understood your sugestion, but our problem is a little different.

In our Sol Man System we don't have the data we need for our recordings ( our SAP FI is not installed in this system), so, we need to record the scripts in a satellite system, for example IEQ.

Then we want to run the recordings in another system, let's say system IET.

Project Context:

IEQ - SAP ERP

IET - SAP ERP

SSM - SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

This is what we did:

1. we recorded our test script in the solution manager, indicating the target system IEQ, where all our FI transactions exists.

2. we created a Test Configuration in solution manager, where we call the scripts on target system IET.

When we run the testconfiguration as described, we see that the transaction is running in IEQ and not in IET.

The same happens when we define in a Test Catalog the target system.

Do we need to have all the FI transactions in Solution Manager System,so that we can test them in other target systems??

Thanks

Sérgio and Davide

7 REPLIES 7

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like, your Defualt values don't exist in your target system B.

E.g. Your development box has the customer 12345 and that doesn't exist in the Quality. So, when you run the same script in the Quality it will fail. This got faild because your test data (assumptions) don't exist in the target system.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What I do not understand is why have you transported your test catalog to a different system?

The fun part about eCATT testing is that you should script your testcases once on the highest available SAP release within your system landscape (e.g. Solution Manager system) and run the scripts wherever you want (by changing the system data).

When you display your test catalogue in STWB_1 choose menu GoTo -> Display Attributes.

Here you can define a system data container and a target system (tabstrip Automatic Test ) which presumably is valid for all test scripts in the catalogue.

If my assumption is correct then there is no need to transport test objects anywhere but just switch the target system.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

we understood your sugestion, but our problem is a little different.

In our Sol Man System we don't have the data we need for our recordings ( our SAP FI is not installed in this system), so, we need to record the scripts in a satellite system, for example IEQ.

Then we want to run the recordings in another system, let's say system IET.

Project Context:

IEQ - SAP ERP

IET - SAP ERP

SSM - SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

This is what we did:

1. we recorded our test script in the solution manager, indicating the target system IEQ, where all our FI transactions exists.

2. we created a Test Configuration in solution manager, where we call the scripts on target system IET.

When we run the testconfiguration as described, we see that the transaction is running in IEQ and not in IET.

The same happens when we define in a Test Catalog the target system.

Do we need to have all the FI transactions in Solution Manager System,so that we can test them in other target systems??

Thanks

Sérgio and Davide

0 Kudos

Hello Sérgio and Davide

Apparently my proposal does work meaning that the target system of the entire test catalog does not overrule the target system of the test configurations. That's a pity if its true.

However, there is a simple workaround for you:

In your system container you define a target system TEST_ERP. You assign the RFC destination RFC_IEQ to this target system which is also used as target system in your test configurations.

Now you do all your scripting in IEQ.

In order to run your tests on IET simply change the RFC destination of TEST_ERP from RFC_IEQ to RFC_IET.

Thus, instead of changing the target system you keep this one constant but redirect the eCATT via the RFC destination.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hello again Uwe,

thanks a lot for your answer, you solved my problem!!!!

Unfortunetly I found another one...

Now that I can record my scipts in system IEQ, and run them in system IET, I want to build a test data so i can make valuable tests for system IET!!

I've change my scipts in order to have some parameters, and in my test data I've create some variants to be able to run the same script with different parameters.

Whanever I build a parameter in my test data, the system builds the "ECATTDEFAULT" variant, and then i can create my own variants with my desired values.

Now when I test my catalog, I can choose what variant or variants I want to run in the sripts, but the system never chooses the ones I selected, running my scripts always with the "ECATTDEFAULT" variant.

Do you know why this happens??

Once again....thanks in advance.

Sérgio Fraga

0 Kudos

Hello Sergio

When you add your test configurations to the test catalog (STWB_1) have you chosen All Variants excl. Default Variant as Variant Selection ?

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Many Thanks Uwe

You solved my problem....Again:)

Once Again...Thank You!!!!

Sérgio Fraga