Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transporting Test Catalog Between Systems

Hi,

I´ve made a test catalog in system A (source System), with a set of test configurations, each one with a different test script with test workbench tool. For the creation of test scripts/configurations I used ecatt tool more sprecific. For the majority of my test scripts I've created 2 parameters with default values.

I can test one script on specific or a set of them in STWB_1 transaction and everything works fine.

Then I want to transport my catalog to another system, System B (destination system), and I've create a transport request in the same transaction (STWB_1 -> Test Catalog ->Transport).

After import, in system B, the catalog looks fine, and seams that everything is ok, but when I test my scripts, some of them end with errors and others don't.

The ones with error, the motive is that the parameters are not being passed to the screen fields, however and we look inside the definition of the scripts, the default values are correct and seams that they were transport correct.

Does anyone knows why this happens?

Is there any problem passing ecatt scripts between different systems?

Thanks in advance

Sérgio, Davide e Rui

Tags:
replied

Hello Sergio

When you add your test configurations to the test catalog (STWB_1) have you chosen All Variants excl. Default Variant as Variant Selection ?

Regards

Uwe

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question