Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with unlocking and locking the Materials in MARA using idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are sending a inbound idoc from one cluster to the other to update the materials

If the material is locked ( MARA-MATFI=x ) before it needs to be unlock it ,update it and lock again .

If its not locked ,we just need to update it and lock the material .

When we are trying to implement this the materials are not getting locked at all times .

the update inbound idoc is being sent to 5 clusters at a time .

The same material is getting locked in some clusters and some it is not . (But the data is being updated in all the clusters )

Can you please suggest me a solution or give me an idea where the problem would be lying.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can´t follow you.

you are sending an Idoc from one system to another system.

if the Receiving Mara is locked, then you would like to unlock , update and lock it ?

i think that´s not a good idea. There should be reason why this mara is locked !

you have to update all possible materials and schedule a job for locked items.

0 Kudos

The client has a Keystone Server where alll the Master data is kept and there are 5 Production Servers .

When ever there are any updates to the Materials they are first updated in the Keystone server .

And with the help of a Batch Job they send inbound idocs to the 5 Production Servers.

On the Production servers if the material in MARA that needs to be updated is locked ,it needs to be unlocked updated and locked again .

Hope i have given u the clear idea of the scenario