cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free of charge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about blocking free of charge orders.

I know there are free of charge Sales Doc categories and you can block them. If you create a free of charge sales doc do you still have to put the item category as free of charge for the item to be free of charge? And vice versa can you put a free of charge item category in a normal sales document?

I also know there are item categories which give 100% discount e.g. TAN but my company has TAN set to Pricing X in TVAP so does that mean TAN not a free of charge category??

Using TVAP I can see 7 Z categories using Pricing B i.e. 100% disocount. Does that mean that these are the only item categories that can be used for free of charge goods?

There appears to be several free of charge sales doc types configured but not blocked, to ensure all free of charge items are blocked for delivery do you block at item category for ones with pricing of B? If so how?

Thanks for your help,

CT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TAN is the Item Category for the Normal Item. TANN is the Item Category for the Free of Charge Item.

The sales documents categorised as 'Complaints' will have configured a default block for the subsequent activities. This is to ensure that before processing it should be checked and released for further processing only if everything is correct. This includes the sales document types..

1. Returns Order

2. Delivery Free of Charge

3. Subsequent Delivery Free of Charge

4. Credit Memo Request

5. Debit Memo Request.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RAVI,

So even if TANN does not have a pricing flag in the Maintain Item Categories in the IMG it will still be free of charge as standard functionality?

Also where can I see all sales documents categorised as 'complaints'?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is good to study the existing configuration settings in the project. I sincerely suggest you not to make any changes to the configuration until you are asked by the user. To the extent possible study the configurations and try to get hold on those configurations and the functionalities in the project. The standard system is the ideal system for a normal and regular business process. In many implementations, there will be lot of changes to the standard settings(like default blocks which you are planning to set) as per the business requirement. To my knowledge in many big implementations the standard SAP is less than 50% and there will be lot of enhancements etc.,

Thanks,

Ravi

Guess your query is answered and if so, please close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

TAN item catg is relevenat for delivery related billing A & also relevant for pricing (Setting X).

TANN is relevant for billing A but not relevant for pricing (there is no X in pricing).

When you maintain free goods condition records, system will automatically propose TANN for those items. So there willnot be any pricing carried out.

As per the settings in VOV4, for free of charge orders FD (free of charge) & SD (subsequent free of charge), it is advisible that there is a delivery block. So that the uthorized person will verify if the free goods is genuine & justified. He will remove the block manually.

Then order types FD & SD, pricing procedure assigned to them will have a condition type that gives 100% discount.

Normal OR orders will not have a dleivery block as TANN is proposed basing on the condition records that we maintain.

There is no block at item catg level. It is there only for order types FD & SD.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone

I think I may be being a bit slow on this one....

I have analysed all the sales documents types used for the year and they are ALL 'z' types.

So my question is how do I analyse which sales order types are being used for free of Charge goods?

Then I can go ahead and make sure they have a delivery block on as appropriate.

Thanks again,

CT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is correct your query is free of charge sales doc. types like FD, SD are not blocked but they do need an order reason/WBS element as a mandatory field just to track the free of charge/ subsequent free of charge orders...

So, if you want to use TAN as a free item then you need to use these mentioend document types wherein you will have the net price as zero.. as they have different pricing procedure assigned to them..

Do let me know if my understanding of your query is right and the explaination !!!

Hrishi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The TANN item category says, the pricing is B - which says, the Item is priced but 100% discount.

Here in sales order at line item level for the material with item category TANN - if you observe in the conditions tab - the pricing will happen as that of the main item or normal item and at the end of it 100% discount will be determioned with the help of the condition type R100 in the pricing procedure. The requirement for this condition type R100 reads the pricing field in the item category and if the value is B then determines the value as discount.

Regarding the categorisation of the sales document types...there are four categories,

1. Pre sales - Inquiry and Quotation

2. Sales - Standard Order, Rush Order, Cash Sales, Deliver Free of Charge

3. Outline agreements - Contracts and Scheduling Agreements

4. Complaints - Returns, Cr Memo Request, Debit Memo Request, Subsequent Delivery Free of Charge

Thanks,

Ravi

Please close the thread if you feel that your question is answered.