Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, In my SAP environment, i want to give access of all SAP reports to

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my SAP environment, i want to give access of all SAP reports to my main management and if there is any role which have all SAP reports or substitute solution for it..there are more than 500 reports in every modules (SD,MM,PM...etc).

Reports:

S_ALR_87012183

S_ALR_87012193

S_PH9_46000223

waiting ur good response???

regards,

majamil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally it is best for management to define which reports they want, and then find the best ones for the purpose. What I mean is that I doubt that they will use "all reports"... so it will just confuse them and create a very ugly menu (or report tree).

If you look in the SAP Standard menu for the "Information System" nodes, you will find some ideas and intended reports out of the box.

When management can define which information reporting they need, you might also want to take a look at BI (Business Intelligence) and BOBJ (Business Objects). If you don't have anything yet, then rather avoid BEx (Business Explorer).

Hope that helps a bit,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally it is best for management to define which reports they want, and then find the best ones for the purpose. What I mean is that I doubt that they will use "all reports"... so it will just confuse them and create a very ugly menu (or report tree).

If you look in the SAP Standard menu for the "Information System" nodes, you will find some ideas and intended reports out of the box.

When management can define which information reporting they need, you might also want to take a look at BI (Business Intelligence) and BOBJ (Business Objects). If you don't have anything yet, then rather avoid BEx (Business Explorer).

Hope that helps a bit,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majamil,

Am just throwing one approach on the table. Might be food for thought for a better approach

S_ALR* reports are deemed non-critical. They normally circulate around some common objects for checks. Add S_Tcode manually, maintain S_ALR* in it.

(though you are giving access to all S_ALR* reports, it would mean no harm!)

Take your 500 odd tcodes, goto USOBX_C, and extract only the C/M status objects for them. ( Should be around 50 odd)

Add them manually and maintain display for all activities.

A couple of tests should stabilize the role.

Once set, then you are good for other S_ALR* reports too in the furture

Hope this helps

Abhishek

0 Kudos

> (though you are giving access to all S_ALR* reports, it would mean no harm!)

Have you checked all of them? ... it is very easy to make little mistakes in this area...

Cheers,

Julius

PS: Your "continue only" comment a while back was interesting

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 23, 2008 10:45 PM

0 Kudos

Hmm...Julius, you have given ME food for thought .. ha ha

Since the business team would decide on the criticality of transactions, I am firing this bold statement keeping the gun of their shoulders Because, this is how we implemented this, based on their feedback!

An initial wind blows saying these are non-critical, however , I will definately research this more (keeping in mind, I have one difficult person to convince )

>

> PS: Your "continue only" comment a while back was interesting

>

Which one?