cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule On-Demand Subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

BOXI R2 - Crystal

Is it possible to schedule a report that contains an on-demand subreport so that all of the data is available to viewers?

Currently, the main report can be viewed but if the user clicks on the subreport link, the database query is ran before displaying the subreport data. Which is the way it should work when running the report normally. However, for scheduled reports, I would like everything run once and saved to the instance and still not display the subreport unless the user selects the link but without having to hit the database again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that one option would be to open the report and view the subreport and then close. Following users are then able to see the subreport without re-querying the database.

Although, I am still hoping for a better solution...

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Which version of BOE are you using? There is a registry key that you need to add. Below is the registry key for BOE XIR2 that will run the On-Demand subreports when scheduled and save them with data:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\SavedData]

"GenerateDataForAllSubreportInstances"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\SavedData]

"GenerateDataForAllSubreportInstances"="Yes"

Regards,

Wallie

Edited by: Wallie Cheng on Sep 23, 2008 8:52 PM

Remove the HTTP. For some reason the forum automatically converts the registry path to a URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wallie,

I have added the keys, restarted all services, and re-scheduled the report. However, the saved report instance still queries the database upon selecting the subreport link. I even set the "Save Data with Report" option for the report to see if that made a difference.

I wonder if the Windows server needs to be restarted for the change to take effect.

We have version 11.5.8.826.

Thanks,

--Brent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went ahead and restarted the windows server. Unfortunately, I am still seeing the subreport query the database when viewing the instance in history.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Can you please double-check the spelling of the registry key in both places? Also the value of YES should NOT have quotes around it.

Are you able to create a sample subreport to test with, such as one table one field?

Can you provide additional information about your current report. What is it's datasource, ODBC, Business View, etc...

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wallie,

Here are the keys I created:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\SavedData

GenerateDataForAllSubreportInstances

Yes

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\SavedData

GenerateDataForAllSubreportInstances

Yes

I have been doing this testing with a sample report that goes against one SAP BI query. The subreport points to the same query.

Thanks,

--Brent