cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET without Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using WinDev to develop application and was previously using the Crystal ActiveX to display reports I had created.

I have now upgraded to Crystal 2008 and this does not have the ActiveX so I am trying to convert the application to use .NET.

All the examples are written in VS and I don't have this. However, I have been able to test it and I can print a report.

What I need to do it preview it. However, all the example refer to putting the CrystalReportViewer control onto the Windows form.

How do I do this with Visual Studio?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ludek mentioned, you need to reference either CrystalDecisions.Web.dll or CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll. Then declare and instantiate a CrystalReportViewer object and add it to your form. You'll need to set all the properties manually.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I have created a few crystal reports XI R2 and I want to call them in Windev 9. Please let me know how should I call them by using Active X control in windev.

Thanks & regards.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define "using Active X control". The term has different meaning to different people. I'd assume you are using the craxdrt.dll (Report Designer Component (RDC))? Please confirm.

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not being familiar with WinDev, all I can say, you'd do the same as with any Win Form Control. The viewer is in Crystaldecisions.CrystalReports.Windows.Forms.dll, so I suppose you'll have to reference it and then somehow, instantiate it on your form(?).

Ludek