cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Values fail to run in the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted a thread n BO Administration forum as I didnt find seperate thread for Business View Manager. So I am reposting the question here:

We have few list of values (LOV's) in the repository which are scheduled on a daily basis. They were running fine until yesterday where it failed with the error in the BVM:

Status of List of Values Instance: Failed

Creation Time: 9/22/2008 10:35:02 AM

Start Time: 9/22/2008 10:35:03 AM

End Time: 9/22/2008 10:35:50 AM

Server Used: <ServerName.ListOfValuesJobServer

Error Message: Failed to open the connection.

I tried to re-schedule manually in the Business View Manager after deleting the failed instance and still its failing.

The problem persists even after restarting the Server Box. However we have another server which is a copy of our production server and everything works fine there.

Nothing has been touched in the prod server.

We havent disturbed any data connections relevant to these LOVs.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Girish

Edited by: Girish Siddaganganna on Sep 23, 2008 7:13 PM

Edited by: Girish Siddaganganna on Sep 23, 2008 7:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Try restarting the LOV Job server in teh Central Configuration Manager. If this doesn't solve the problem, then stop the LOV job Server and apply a trace on it. Restart the List of Values Job Server and then reschedule your LOV. It will write logs to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.x\Logging. Check out the log file for the specific error.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your response. I tried as you suggested and the error is not very specific. This is what it said:

Timestamp ProcessID ThreadID Message

[Wed Sep 24 14:41:19 2008] 5936 5168 assert failure: (.\ReportPlg.cpp:2321). (false : Item SI_NUM_PROMPTS was not found in the collection. : -2147210697).

I tried creating an LOV based on the Xtreme sample database and I am able to successfully schedule the LOV and so also with the LOV that fetches the value from SQL Server.

This is happening only with LOVs having data connection to Oracle. And this happens only on the BO Prod server where as it works fine on a test server.

Any other directions I need to look into?

Thanks,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Please verify the data connection is working correctly or not. Also check the rights for this data connection. If any body has modified or created any tables in the oracle database, then there might be a conflict.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was resolved when I changed the 'User:' from LocalSystem to my windows login which had permissions on BO Server.