cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build EEC 6 Nw Environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planning to build an SAP Server for my company with the below Requirement.

ECC 6.0 IDES, Solution Manager 4.0, CRM 5.0, SRM 5.0, SCM 5.0, Netweaver EP 7.0, PI 7.0 with DI , SEM+BW 7.0.

I need clarification on the below:

1) Please give me the procedure as to what can be Integrated with what? (Eg: ECC 6.0 with Solution manager 4.0)

2) How many Instance or Servers are required to build the required Bussiness suite?

3) What would the sequence of Installation? I mean which can be Installed in the First mode and so on.

4) Can All the above can be Installed in a Single Instance?

I have the calculation sheet in terms of saps and the hardware requirement. I wanted to know the procedure to begin with.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Please give me the procedure as to what can be Integrated with what? (Eg: ECC 6.0 with Solution manager 4.0)

You can find all that info at SAP Marketplace as mentioned before

2) How many Instance or Servers are required to build the required Bussiness suite?

Each system need its own instance...

3) What would the sequence of Installation? I mean which can be Installed in the First mode and so on.

Start with Solution Manager, then ECC, then whatever you want.

4) Can All the above can be Installed in a Single Instance?

Absolutely not.... i think you have a concept problem, you need 1 instance for each separate system, 1 for solman, 1 for ECC, 1 for SRM, etc... If your question is that if you can have more than 1 system per server you can indeed... make sure that the hardware has enough resources, but if i was you i will install each system in a different server as it will give you less points of failure.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks juan for the reply.Appriciate your help on this.

Yes, I wanted to make it clear whether more than 1 system per server can be Installed.

As the Hardware allocation is Limited. I have 3 Server class machines. I have planned the

Following. Please let me know if i can go ahead with this.

Server 1 = ECC 6.0 IDES , Solution Manager 4.0

Server 2 = CRM 5.0 , SRM 5.0 , SCM 5.0 (Supports only 2 at a time)

Server 3 = Netweaver EP 7.0, PI 7.0 with DI , SEM+BW 7.0

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats a lot for 3 servers... but as long as they hae enough resources it should be ok...

I will NOT recommend this for a production environment!

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions, Please welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find all the info to install SAP systems at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

You need to install soman first then proceed with other systems.

Regards,

Vamshi.