cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing and Vendor Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know how are external vendor systems communicating with E-Sourcing Servers.

Do we have to install a Web Dispatcher or some kind of a gateway in DMZ? Also how can I know what protocol will be used or should be used is it HTTP or HTTPS? Where is the authentication happening?

Thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

External users (vendors) can access the esouricng application portal on the server in the eDMZ where the esourcing software is deployed and running. If there is dedicated server in the dmz for the application it will isolate internal and exteral users.

SSL certs needs to installed and configured on the app server to force the use of SSL , if not the default protocol will be HTTP listening on port 443. SSL also mitigates the risk of phising and

ensures secure data xfer between internal and external systems.

The LDAP authenication is typicall configured on the internal application server.

Hope this is helpful

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Parankush,

Thanks for response. This is what we understand from the install guides.

We are going to have E-Sourcing Servers and internal to our n/w. One Web server in DMZ, that would be acting as a gateway for external vendors to comein to our sourcing servers.

Optimizer, Contract Generation, LDAP and SMTP are out of scope for us for now.

Question is what is that web server? What should be used? Is that a plain Web Server? or a Web Dispatcher.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

JS,

Typically its a web werver similar to the one in your internal network and it will running the middle ware i.e., either IBM Websphere or BEA Weblogic or JBOSS to deploy the eSourcing application.

Parankush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JS,

You also have NetWeaver as a web server option as of E-Sourcing 5.1.

Best Regards, Scott