cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS Vista

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have recently installed Easy DMS on my Vista pc. Release 6.0 SP11. Seems to work fine. The only issue is the toolbar. There isn't one. The only way to access the toolbar functions is through the right mouse context menu.

We are rolling out Vista with new machines. Fortunately most DMS users are late to the upgrade. However in the near future many of our Easy DMS users will be making the switch to Vista.

Does anyone have any ideas about when Easy DMS will be fully supported in Vista?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

due to information from EasyDMS development, Windows VISTA an 64-bit environment will be supported from EasyDMS 7.0 onwards. This new version will be released in the first quarter of 2009.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

with edms 6.0, the Vista is not supported..the reasons being the changes in the vista explorer.. that is why the toolbar and also the left view will not work properly in vista..there is new version eDMS 7.0 in pipeline which will support Vista completely.

regards,

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

easyDMS is not certified on VISTA by SAP, so even if you have installed it it is highly likely that some functionalities may not work.

It is only supported on XP- SP1 and above.

Anirudh,

Please award if useful.