cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language import using SMLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to import the French language into a 4.6c R/3 IDES training system. In transaction SMLT during the import process i'm having an issue with the path for the language packages. How do i point this to Front End Cd drive? Whatever path I put in there, it returns with an error, "Specify a valid path". I've tried copying the files to the local SAP server in a directory, for example to C:\lang and entering this into the path, but still have no sucess.

According to this : -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/a3/30ad5296b511d384bb0060975b04f3/content.htm

There should be an option to "Load from Front End", this I don't have to can't see.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

put the package in below directory and try.

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

Read this note

Note 195442 - Language import and Support Packages

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Sep 24, 2008 7:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

Tried that, still returns the same error message. The packages are PAT files, assume this is correct. Could you just confirm what value i should put in the path?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

Put

<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - That worked, but now it says. "No package found in this path".

Very strange, i've copoied the packages off the install CDs, the path defo contains the PAT and ATT files.

Any ideas

Thanks for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

check below things

Before you start transaction SMLT for language import, you must configure the required languages using the RSCPINST report. For more information, see SAP Note 42305.

In SMLT, the names of the imported language packages are only displayed with up to 12 characters. Therefore, language packages with longer names (up to 20 characters) are truncated.

Also check

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/EN/21/5532d395ea11d384bb0060975b04f3/content.htm

Regards

Ashok

Answers (0)