cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 personnel number does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I have an employee that was created using personnel number 111. Something had to change on the associates HR master data after about 2 months so personnel number 111 was deleted, and the associate was then created under personnel number 222. During the two months that the associate was using personnel number 111 they entered time in CAT2 to a wbs element. When the personnel number 111 was deleted, the associate then went in and reenterd the same time in CAT2 using personnel number 222. This caused the wbs element to be charged twice. When I try to go into CAT2 now I am getting the error message that "personnel number 111 does not exist". I need to remove the time entered using personnel number 111, but cannot. We cannot just have the associate delete the entries made in CAT2 using personnel number 222 because metrics are tracked for employees based on time entered. Any experience with this issue? How do I delete the time that was entered in CAT2 by personnel number 111. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jordan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try creating the employee 111 again, then deleting entries for 111 and then deleting 111

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I'm a FICO/PS guy so I'm not sure if that's possible. I spoke with one of our HR analysts and they informed me that it is not possible to choose what personnel number gets assigned when you create a new employee. I'm wondering if they have the config set to auto assign personnel numbers. Any ideas if there is a way to choose the personnel number that gets assigned?

Edited by: Jordan Simons on Sep 23, 2008 10:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"it is not possible to choose what personnel number gets assigned when you create a new employee"

from this statement, i understand that the internal number range is used to create employee numbers. Ask your HR analysts if there is a free slot for "external number range". You can use this external number range on temporary basis and try to create employee with number 111.

Regards