Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR BG Schedule Analysis Jobs and Tables

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When performing post installation steps I would like to know certain information.

Firstly, when Scheduling User/Role/Profile Synchronization and Batch Risk Analysis (Full Sync), can you tell me which virsa_cc_* tables are populated with data from which job?

So for example, what I would like to know is:

Fully Sync of User Synchronization -> virsa_cc_sysusr (if that is the right table).

I would also like to know which tables are populated by the User Analysis jobs.

Many thanks,

Babak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babak

I liked your rant!! I agree with you on almost every point you make.

I hope that one day whoever is responsible for the documentation takes this on-board.

Regards

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to know which tables are populated?

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

"Why should I not know?" is a better question to ask.

When data is being extracted from the backend, certain tables in GRC are being populated. Knowing which tables are populated by which jobs is useful in a number of ways, for example:

In the numerous installations I have encountered where Background Jobs don't complete, time-out, fail, or whatever else, at least I can check the relevant table, see what data has been pulled so far and run a new job from the item where it left off. Although the Job Logs list data, I don't find it as useful as viewing table contents with SQL statements. Also I can verify if the data being pulled is consistent with the data in the backend. There are also further benefits to be gained from an analysis point of view which I won't list here.

I have gone through much of the tables anyway and have some idea as to which tables have been populated by which jobs, but was hoping others can help verify these findings and also benefit from the sharing of such information which is the point of internet forums.

It will also help consultants who are at client sites implementing a product that continually faces significant issues after installation no matter what platform, stack or database and have to keep opening OSS tickets with SAP support only to deal with support people who refer you to numerous SAP notes which you have already followed.

I have to be honest and say, the Installation Guides are incomplete. One needs to download not only the GRC AC 5.2 installation guides from the service marketplace, but then they need to go to SDN and download pre-implementation guides and post-installation guides, sap notes (numerous), sap background job and periodic processing guides. And then they need to open tickets with SAP and wait for a response telling them what they already know, then reply to get the call sent to the right support team, run a SQL script and purge the GRC database, Index the GRC tables in Oracle, modify the max pool settings on Jcos, Reorganise the Oracle database.....

Its quite disappointing and really frustrating when I'm at a client and my project schedule always gets impacted by the same issues. Hasn't SAP had enough time to straighten this product out. The usual response will be that 5.3 will not have the same issues, but the clients didn't buy 5.3 (ramp-up), they bought 5.2. Shouldn't this product meet certain quality control standards?

Well that's my rant for the day. Hope I didn't offend.