cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sol. Landscape - Business Scenarios from Temp. Project: Compare & Adjust ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SOLMAN_DIRECTORY, within Business Scenarios, if I were to copy Business Scenarios from a Template Project, is it supposed to help me use the 'Compare and Adjust' functionality ?

I see the icon for this utility, but invariably greyed out at all levels.

The idea is to hold Template Project as the master content provider, even for Support side.

The workaround could be (yet to fully test) to use a Maintenance Project, to compare and adjust and check it in again.

Any ideas welcome - especially, on why the 'Compare and Adjust' icon appears greyed out, in the Solution.

Best regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

the "compare& adjust" functionality is not yet available in Solution Directory. It is planned to offer this functionality in SP20 of Solution Manager 7.0.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your kind and precise reply. Only yesterday, I got the same feedback from a source in SAP too.

Is there any other way you suggest Michael, to get the Business Process in Solution Directory in tune with Template Project contents ?

Also, any idea on when SP20 is expected for release ?

Thanks again.

Srini

Edited by: Srinivasan Radhakrishnan on Sep 24, 2008 12:15 PM

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

the current way is to get template content into a solution would be via a maintenance project. You can compare it against the predecessor project of the solution. This has been tested successfully by a colleague. Test if this works for you too.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The news that your colleague has tested it successfully is very encouraging and gives me hope.

That's the way I was testing as well, with limited success. I couldn't finish testing because the the buttons for Check Out/ Check In Requests disappeared from SOLMAN_DIRECTORY suddenly. Then, I got into SAP Notes search etc.

Can you/ your colleague please confirm if my following understanding is correct and suggest changes where it's wrong:

(1) First, create a Solution and Maintenance Project in the same project language (to get the KW context right)

(2) Create a few Business Scenario Names in Solution Directory (e.g. Procure to Pay, Order to Cash etc.) - as manya s required

(3) Later, assign the Maintenance Project concerned to the Solution, in the tab 'Solution Settings'

Note: (2) is done before (3) since the assignment of a Maintenance Project renders the section greyed out. If it is greyed out, there is nothing to check out at the first place.

(4) Check out the Blank Scenarios to Maintenance Project

(5) In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, I would have already pre-selected the relevant scenarios under 'public' Templates, so that they are available in Maintenance Project's SOLAR01/02 under the Business Scenarios folder

(6) Now, when I open the Maintenance Project in say SOLAR02, it would list me the scenarios copied from Template in the usual way (as in say, any normal Implementation Project), and below those folders, it would also list the 'Checked Out' name sake Scenarios from the Solution Directory

(7) I will 'copy' and 'paste' the right Business Processes from the first set of Scenarios (from Template Project) into the Solution Directory blank Scenarios - while doing so, I will retain the right to 'refer' documents and not copy them

(8) I would Check In the structure back into Solution Directory

(9) In say, a months time or so, the Process in Template Project have undergone changes (more process steps added under a process, more documents added/ removed/ changed etc.)

(10) I would open the Maintenance Project after running SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE for the maintenance project. I would do the 'Compare and Adjust' function in the regular Scenarios to get the content adjusted

Former Member
0 Kudos

(11) Now, if I check out the Scenarios from Solution Directory into Maintenance Project, will 'Compare and Adjust' button be enabled under respective processes. If so, if I were to exercise it, will it get adjusted with the 'copied' contents of the top level Scenarios or with the 'origin' of those scenarios (viz. the Template Project itself)?

Best regards,

Srini

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

no, this doesn't work. My colleage tested the following:

He copied scenarios from a project A to a solution B. Then he checked out this scenario to a maintance project C. Then he added a process to the scenario in A and compared C and took over the process to C. Than he checked the Scenario back into B.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your quick response and for confirming that the simpler approach itself works.

I have to fix some bugs in my system, it seems - not letting me execute the simpler approach at the first place.

This news that it works fine at your place is a relief indeed. I can check with you at a later date, if I face any issues

A working case is the proof of pudding ! All else is unreliable

Best regards,

Srini

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I must disapoint you. I checked the example by my colleague closer and found that it does not work that way. But however we are working on this issue and plan to deliver the extension of compare tool to solutions with SP20.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for getting back, though I am sorry to hear the solution wasn't to be.

Let's both keep in touch on this subject and exchange notes as and when we find any way out.

I am just concerned about a long wait till SP20. What's the most recent release SP18 or SP17 ?

If SP20 is about 6 months away, it would be a long wait indeed

Cheers,

Srini

Answers (0)