cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could you advise the proper procedure for changing the layout of the "User Details" iView of ESS.

At the moment, after searching for a user and clicking on the user; the details of the user are displayed in the same window with various tabs one after the other vertically. But we are planning to change that and make it look like a fancy one.

Our requirements are:- when we click on a particular user after searching for him/her in the Employee Search iview, the user details must be displayed in a new pop-up window which shows the user details in a different layout( other than the default one).

Please advise me about this issue, I have looked on the help.sap.com and not able to figure out the issue. Can anyone explain me about the procedure of changing this layout. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopla,

As far as changeing lok and feel of Iview u concerend u can downlod the Required PAR File form portal impoart that Par file in NWDS and play with it to get desired color and layout.

and uplaos that file back in Portal

But

For clicking and opening of one user inforamtion with new lay out ...what u can do is that after clicking on user detail's it would be calling other iview to display Employee related Information rt .

So navigate to that Iview in Content Administration and in its property Select open in New Window.instead of open in portal content aread.

hope this help's

Regards.

Soni Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

Thanks a lot for your reply. At the moment we are not using NWDI, but using only the standard iviews provided by SAP. So, I have the only option of making some changes in the portal.

Apart from that, regarding changing the properties of the particular iView in the portal, I have changed property of "Who's Who" iView in the Content Admin and tried it. But it doesn't show the user details in a new winidow.

Let me be more clear about my requirement:-

"When we enter a name and search for a user in the "Who's Who" iView and the system returns the relevant matches to the search criteria. Later, when I click on a particular user among the search results I want the User details to be displayed in a separate window."

Please advise me about this. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

i think that u have to re delta link the iview that is feteching information of user .

kindly go through this thread.

[Link|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16646733&messageID=6202647]

Hope this help's

Regards.

Soni Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Without NWDI and manually changing the code you cannot do this requirement

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

Could you explain me the process of removing a "Delta Link" of an iView with another iView. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

when you copy an iview and try to paste it to another location it has two options paste and paste as delta link.you need to select paste option so delta link depencendy will not be there

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am aware of the method that you have advised. But, I am asking about breaking an existing delta link for an iView. Please advise me if there is any method to do this.

Kind Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

once you create a delta link you cannot delete that relation.you need to copy the PCD object again

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (0)