Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible in smartforms?

william_grdovich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a a request to have a dynamic smart form. What I mean by dynamic is that certain fields will appear on the smart form based on settings in config. The settings in config would be in the HR module for employee appraisals. The transaction that we use for setting up the appraisal I beleive is phap_admin. In the future as more fields are added to the config, those fields should show up on the smart form as well.

This issue right now for us is not so much the HR config, just really wanting to know if you can add fields to a smart form dynamically, and maybe a hint or 2 on how to do that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

As and when you add fields in your transaction, you need to add corresponding code in the layout with necessary conditions so that the new fields appear on the form output. The form output we get is as good as the layout and the logic that triggers it. All configuration updates in transaction need to be replicated in the form layout.

Hope this helps.

warm regards,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi william,

You cannot do like that in smartform. Smartform can display only whatever layout you have defined and what are all the fields you added.

If you really want to have some fields in the future based on some condition, then it should also be included now and restricted using appropriate conditions so that they will show up in the future.

But anyhow you may require to change the smartform in future to change layout and logic based on the upcoming requirements.

Hope i have cleared your query.

Regards

Karthik D

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible when you want to generate a horizontal (row-centric) output.

Like:

apprisal 1 ... 123

apprisal 2 ... 234

apprisal 6 ...789

In this type of output you can create as many as text elements and give the condition to print it. This condition must be derived from your config tables.

It is also possible when you want to generate a Vertical (Column-centric) output. In this case you have to fix some number of columns say 10. Now you need to create an internal table with 10 columns and fill the values in the appropriate column as per the config. But I think this would require a significant amout of work.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel