cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBL3N : Adding Field Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Do we have any option to include Material field in FBL3N.

Is it any way or we need to modify the table.

Thanks

Jhanvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janvi,

Please follow below scenario.

SPRO>Financial Accounting>General Ledger Accounting>G/L Accounts->Line items>Line items Display-->Define special fields for finding and sorting data..

Put Table name BSEG and Field name MATNR then save

After go to FBL3N and select Changelay out button and select material field..

If you need anyclarifcation touch with me...

Thnaks

Purna Nalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Goto Tcode FBL3n,

take menu path(after line items disply) settings-> special fields. then you will go to change view "line layout vaiant special fields" then click on new entries

enter table name : BSEG field name: MATNR

save your entry.

Later Go to SA38 or SE38 and execute program BALVBUFDEL .

Table Name

Table from which the fields in the list are displayed. Depending on the list category, the following specifications would be appropriate:

o Category 1: BSEG, RF05L

o Category 2: RFPOS, BKPF, BSEG, BSEC, BSED

o Category 3: RFOPS

Note: Each variant which displays other fields as well as the RFPOS fields becomes a "special variant", that is the performance of the transactions for the line item display gets worse with displays which use these

special variants.

Edited by: Manohar Mathkunti on Sep 24, 2008 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I need one clarification - What is the purpose of this program

After entering the table name and field names it is working fine(Without out run program)

In FBL3N shows material field....

If i am not using this program what is the effect

Please give me reply....

Thanks

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u sir.......

former_member214904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Purna Nalluri

As per your advice i have configure the special field, but material code/info is not display in the FBL3N report.

How can we will solve the issue.

Regards

Tarek

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

FBL3N is absolutely meant for GL balances . I dint think that will work unless any entry is made into that GL directly from FI side. Since all material receipt is made in MM side I suggest you to please check t code MB5B which will not only give you the material wise details but also its financial value. You can double lick the line items to reach the FI side and view it document wise.

best regds

Subha

sapimg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please note that you need maintain this by FBL3N/setting/special field, will not enable to select this field if you only setup in SPRO because it's different list class.

FBL3N/FAGLL03 -  2 List screen for line items

SPRO <mentioned in this thread> - 5 Line Item List Display for New GL

You can check the difference in table T021S

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select the item from FBL3n than change document(CtrlshiftF8)>add material here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply , but my question was to add the Material field in layout change option , so that system will show the material details relating to line items also.

I want the Material field should come as if Document Number , Amount etc are coming

Please help me in doing such changes

Thanks

Jhanvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhanvi,

You can use the Report ME80FN, that would give the Material, Posting Date, Goods Receipt Amount, Invoice Value Amount and other relevant information from the "Change Layout" feilds.

Lot of options are available, but you will have to change the Report to PO History format.

So far as I understand FBL3N would not give the material in the display.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute T Code O7Z3 to define a new line layout or change an existing layout. To add material field, position the cursor on a field and click on Insert after... (F6) button. In the window that opens, click on 'Special fields' button, scroll down to select Material field. Save the layout and assign the layout in user master record (SU3, Parameters tab, Parameter ID EPL, Parameter value is the name of your line layout).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I ahve added the filed in Tcode O7Z3 , but how to proceed with user master assignment , will this field will not be available in standard FBL3N tcode at the layout option field

Please confirm the same

Thanks

Jhanvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikanth,

Incidently the requirement for adding the material feild is for us also. As advised by you after saving the line item layout and assigning the same in the SU3 user profile, I observe that while running the FBL3N Report, the system does not have the new layout saved.

What could be wrong and what further needs to be checked, could you please advise?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard layout that FBL3N uses is configured in transaction O7V2 (for transaction code FBL3).