Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

AIX DB2 Import server DEBMDM

we are on AIX DB2(Z/OS) platform, and IM reference guide says that complex XML is not supported by UNIX platform and our loads of 5K records are taking a lot of time at parsing step ( almost 90 mins) , Do any one of you have this setting/ and had any success with Import server ? BTW it is Customer DEBMDM that we are getting in.

And note that we are using MDMC rather than MDM_CLNT_EXTR to get the data out of ECC, did any one of you tried getting data using MMD_CLNT_EXTR with knocking off couple of unwanted segments? did that reduce the size of the file a lot and improved the performance, I will let you know the stats once done .

This even goes back to my earlier question on DEBMDM simple Vs Complex,apparently we are able to use IS on this DEBMDM so it should not be labelled complex XML(even though XSD has tags type complex XML) , it is just that it takes hell lot of time just to parse and restrtucture the file into virtual extended records, so I wonder SAP intended when they said Complex XML not supprted on UNIX.?

-Sudhir.

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question