cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image problems with VS2005 & CR 10.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've searched & read the forum but not found any replies that match my problem, please help!

I've got a field in an Oracle database that contains an image in binary form (Oracle type BLOB).

In my VS2005 (ASP.Net using VB) website I return this field (along with others) at runtime into a dataset which I load into a report I've created.

All the fields in the dataset show except for the image field. I just get the "red cross".

I know the image is ok because it is used elsewhere in an Oracle Forms project.

I've also got the relative path to a physical copy of the image stored on the server - is there anyway this can be used to dynamically load the image using this version or CR (10.2, the one bundled with VS2005)?

I've tried running the application locally as well as deploying it to our server - both fail and just show the "red cross"

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Ted H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start with the latest SP for that version of CR. That can be downloaded from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006007872008E/crvs05sp1.exe

Since I do not have the same data structure as you, it is difficult to say if any version of CR supports it. I did have a look at our known issues database, but do not see anything there similar to your issue.

You may want to test with the latest version of CR - CR 2008. Eval version can be downloaded from here;

http://www.businessobjects.com/forms/default.asp?id=701600000009BXP

The testing I'd recommend:

1) Once you have downloaded CR 2008, create a new report and connect to the Oracle database. Throw the blob field on the report and see if it comes up. If it does, move to test (2) below. If it does not, post a query to the Report Design forum as to why not. The report design forum link is here:

2) Create a simple (I'd recommend win app), load the report, cerate a dataset that contains the blob, pass that to the report and see if you can see the blob.

Ludek

Answers (0)