Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a variant for a selection screen button

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have created a selection screen for a normal report .

In the selection screen there is one button after the selct option for company code. when user enters some company code and presses the button the user i call a able contraol in which user gives some additional values for the comapny code.

how do i create variant. when i create varaint for the slection screen it does not take into account the other screen i called .

so every time user has to click that button and enter some values and execute. please suggest some way.

THANKX IN ADAVANCE:)

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inorder to create a variant for selection screen report, you need to enter valid data on the screen and click on the SAVE button which is available in the Menu.

And regarding the button you were asking about after select option, it is not created manually it comes automatically,, you can remove this by mentioning no-extension after the select-option. You can get clear information of this if you do F1 help on select-option.

My advice to you, make effect use of F1 help.

Edited by: Madhuri on Sep 23, 2008 4:46 PM

0 Kudos

sorry u interpeted in very differently.

i have a button created in selection screen(screen 1000) when i click on the button it gives me a pop up(screen 500) where i define the some other values .

i want to create a variant for the whole screen.

0 Kudos

As far as i know, variants only apply to selection screens. In your case, the popup screen is not a part of the selection screen. It's just a screen you call when you press that button.

My guess is you're using PARAMETERS for company code. You should use a SELECT-OPTIONS for company code.

Edited by: Maen Anachronos on Sep 25, 2008 4:28 PM

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not the varient but it is the f4 help for that..

use this function module F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST

0 Kudos

no no....what is the issue you people are not understanding ...

i have created a BUTTON when user enters a company code and presses the button i am calling screen 500 a table control screen where user has option to maintain few fields.

when i create a variant for the screen it only saves for screen 1000 how can i include the user input in screen 500 also in it