cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User gets crw32.EXE error on some reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user who gets a crw32.exe error message when running some custom reports he has created. The error signature is as follows: AppName: crw32.exe; AppVer: 11.0.0.1252; ModName: mfc71u.dll; ModVer: 7.10.3077.0; Offset: 00ac991;

We have already uninstalled and reinstalled Crystal (Standard version). The user is set up as a local administrator. He used to be able to perform a work-around to get the reports to run. He would first open another report and run it, and then open one of the problem reports and it would then run successfully. This is no longer working.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would suggest you to check the with DEP options in my computer.

Are you using Dual monitor?If yes try to run the report on primary monitor.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have added Crystal to the exceptions to DEP and will see if that helps. Also I just posted additional information I discovered this morning.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Information:

While looking at replies to my response and doing the follow-up suggested by these replies, I discovered that if the user launches Crystal Reports first and then uses the application to open the report file, he can run the report successfully. In the limited testing, this appears to work every time!

However if he double-clicks on the report file (*.rpt) in the directory (Windows Explorer) and through the file association, Crystal launches, he will get the error on these few reports every time! So he has a work around at least, but if you have any further suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Is that custom reports are created using CR Version 11.0.0.1252 ? If not please check the functions or formulas.

It may be the cause of you create a report using older / newer version functions which are not exist in present version.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. The versions are the same. See the additional information I just posted as well.