cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain OSS note 884246

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we have upgraded our system from 4.6c to 6.0. OSS note 884246 has come into the system through a hotpack and it's creating problem for some IDoc processing (GL postings). It's giving rise to Error msg - 'FI/CO interface: Inconsistent FI/CO line item data for updating'. On commenting out the codes of this OSS note, it's creating a gap in number range for IDoc with 700 line items (i.e. the symptom of the note has come back).

Please help me understand the use of this note. If we have to use this note, what are the data that need to be passed to the interface so that this error can be avoided.

OSS texts given below:

Summary

Symptom

You post into the accounting using a BAPI and use the dummy operation 'BKPFF', as described in Note 561175.

When you call the BAPI, the system issues the message RW605 (Document successfully posted) and a valid object reference is also delivered in OBJ_KEY. However, you do not find an FI document with this object reference after the posting.

This caused a gap in the document number.

Other terms

BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST, BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST, BAPI_ACC_BILLING_POST, BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST, FI/CO, BAPI_ACC_GOODS_MOVEMENT_POST, RW016, 016

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is caused because the accounting BAPIs are called incorrectly.

Because the BAPI uses the document number for the FI document from the corresponding number range in the case of the dummy operation BKPFF, an FI document must be updated for this posting.

You have to make sure that not only statistical lines or zero lines are posted because these are deleted before the posting in the accounting interface.

For cross-company code transactions, this has to be the case in the leading company code at least.

Solution

Implement the following program corrections.

You must also implement Notes 667994 and 794974.

When you do so, you will no longer be able to post using only zero lines or statistical lines with the dummy operation BKPFF. This will be rejected with the error message RW016. No document number is used and this prevents the gap in the document number.

Change your BAPI call to avoid the error message RW016.

Regards,

Sanj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the answer to the question myself

Thanks anyways..

Regards,

Sanj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please expalin how you solved this problem.

We are getting same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls explain me how u solved it