Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deploying crystal reports basic for visual studio 2008 for VB6

My application has a module in .net and other in vb6.

I have a problem on deploying crystal reports in client machines, for module in vb6.

The vb6 application uses crystal viewer control obtained from crystal reports basic for visual studio 2008.

What type of deployment should I use?

Currently, I have a setup with prerequisite "crystal reports basic for visual studio 2008".

But I think it misses the dlls crviewer.dll and craxddrt.dll, so I put them in setup and with the register COM options, and it works, but it's not working very well.

When I open a form that uses crystal viewer, the setup (I have created) is lunched and says that have to restart machine. Then it opens the report, but the next time I use the application it does the same thing.

replied

Only way to do that is to create your own parameter prompting screen, then pass in the user selection to the report engine. This White Paper has good info on how to work with parameters. And there is a number of good posts in this forum too. See searching the forum helps. Here is the link to the WP:

http://www.businessobjects.com/global/pdf/dev_zone/VS2005_Walkthroughs.pdf

If you have any more questions re. parameters, it will be a good idea to start a new thread though...

Ludek

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question