Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expenses Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

When a user creates a travel expense report using ESS in Portal, at the end

If the user click on "SAVE", and when I look at the SAP system by entering the transaction code "pr05" then the status of the report shows the "Approval" tab as "Travel Completed" and the settlement tab as "Open".

If the user clicks on "SAVE AND SEND", and when I look at the SAP system by entering the transaction code "pr05" then status of the report shows the "Approval" tab as "request Approved" and the settlement tab as "to be settled".

The issue is, we are not able to make a descision about the option to give to the users. Could anyone explain me about the usual procedure for the approval of travel expense report by the manager. We have got two different departments to approve the report (Line Manager and the Payroll manager). Please adivse me about a standard procedure.

Please let me know if my question is not clear. I shall explain it in more detail. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

If Employee select "Save & send" button..a workflow will get triggertd and task is created at MSS in the respective manger of the employee. Then the manager will approve the trip.

This manager relationship we are giving in OM. (B002)

If you need two level of approvel..create new workflow and assign the same.

If you need further on this, pl let me know.

Thanks,

Nandagopal C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAVE Option: - This is given coz initially you can save the report and after that you can edit the same report again.

SAVE & SEND: Once you choose this, Workflow triggers.

If you want any one option you can personalize the webdynpro application (contact your Portal guy)

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Everytime I use "CTRL+ Richt Click" to presonalise the SAP provided iViews. The portal is very inconsistent that, if I make some changes and come back and look at it again, it remains unchanged. I am not able to figure out the problem. Please advise me about this issue. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i do understand this.

"CTRL+ Richt Click" doesn't work out for Webdynpro ABAP Application.

You need to just Right Click.

Again there are two ways...

i) On right click and do the changes this will reflect only to the user which which you are doing.

so make a admin user and log on to the portal, go to PCD and open the iView of Travel Eh P2 and do the personilization. this will help you.

to do this make sure that the user has following roles:

SAP_FI_TV_ADVANCE_PAYER

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_APPROVER

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER

SAP_WD_CONFIG_ALL

Also lastly keep in mind that if you are working on IE7 (coz if you doing changes in IE7 and viewing the application in different PC which has IE6, the changes may not reflect...!)

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think you did not get my question. While I am trying to personalise iView that are provided by SAP, I am able to personalise all the fileds by "CRTL+RightClick". But some fields appear to be changed and when I look into it again by logging into the portal, they keep going to their normal state without displaying the changes that I have made previously. If the changes are not allowed, why does it allow me to change and show me the changes as soon as I click "OK" and keeps disappearing once I logout and login again. This sounds strange but this is what is happening from the past 3 or 4 days. I haven't got a clue about this issue and how to resolve this. Kindly advise me about this problem. I would appreciate your help.

This problem keeps apprearing only for certain fields. By the way, I have logged in as an administrator and I have all the previleges. There are no issues about the admin previleges at all. We are not using any WebDynpro environment in our company at all. At the moment we are depending upon the SAP Provided iViews only. Kindly advise me about this issue.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.