cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Button : Custom Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a VC application which display Sales Order Information based on the Customer, Material & Sales Organization. There are two buttons submit & reset everything works fine. Now i wish to add new button validate with custom event like checking if entry has been made for all the 3 fields.

so i create a btnValidate & custom Action actValidate, where should i enter the logic of what should happen on actValidate ??

i am on NW CE EPH1 visual composer 7.1

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

right click on tht button go to properties there some conditions are there ... chekc it ...

Regards ,

venkat p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

once we select the button we have option on ctx menu 'ACTION' , this opens a new pop-up with selection available for lot of predefined action with action names like 'clear' 'assign' 'copy rows' etc etc AND 'Custom Action'. Once we select this Custom Action we can enter an ACTION NAME of our choice. Till here fine, how do i define whats supposed to happend when this action occurs???

infact where do i have to put the action handler method ???

Visual Composer CE.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ,,

just disable the Button validate until user enter all the three fileds ok ..

just click on Validate Button -> Properties -> Click on Condition functions - > ISNULL() -> then Move to data Fileds ->

Ur Syntax is like this

ISNULL (Submit) OR ISNULL(Reset) OR so onn

Disable until user enters all this thress fields once user enters validate button automatically enables thats it ..

in VC 7.0 there custom wont work we ahve to do just disable thts it .

Regards ,

Venkat P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

just i forgot ////

after click button -> properties - > click -> Disabe -> Condition .

sorry i forgot ...

Regards ,

venkat p

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

In order to validate the 3 fields (check they are not blank) using your new button follow the next steps:

1. For each of the 3 fields you wish to validate do the following:

Right click the field and from the context menu select Configure. In the Validation area of the Configure task panel u2013 where you set the validation rules and the validation behavior check the Required box (or set a specific rule in the Rules field) and change the Behavior to Severe (instead of Normal).

2. Right click your new button and from the context menu select Action...

After assigning your custom action to the button, in the Validation area of the Define Action Dialog Box (The right tab) of your new button - where you set the validation scope (none, Control, Element, Window) make sure this scope is set to Element (this is the default) and change the validation behavior to Permissive (instead of Normal).

I Hope this helps, for any further information feel free to continue the thread or contact me.

Also, a more detailed information about using the validation rules can be found [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/ed/5f05491f814bb08865213d29f36af5/frameset.htm]

Regards

Yogev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I am closing of this thread , as it seems that ACTION handling is pretty limited in Visual Composer & have to be accomplished by using the existing action.

Points have been awarded to the sugesstions.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

To define the logic go to the action editor of the button (right click > action...) and define a custom action. On the right pane you will see a condition field. There you define if the action fired by the button will take place or not.

Go to the design board and can create a popup that will show a message if the fields are invalid.

Set a transition between the from and the popup and call it the same name you assigned to the action of the button.

The dialog will be displayed only if the condition on the action is true.

Best Regards,

Eitan