Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open dataset: FILTER how add a windows file access user and pw??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

is it possible to access a windows network share with

open dataset <fileshare>

and pass the login Data with the FILTER attribute

Has someone tried this already??

can you show me how this work?

FILTER <windowsuser> <passwort> ?!??!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to access a file on a network share...

but the problem i have is the accessibility due to windows rights management. And i don't know which windows user needs the read/write access.

Thats why i try to find a user with the necessary rights and pass them (if possible) to the open dataset command.

3 REPLIES 3

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so, the FILTER addition is for working with OS pipes, not for sending authentication data.

Besides, the OPEN DATASET command is for accessing files, not directories.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to access a file on a network share...

but the problem i have is the accessibility due to windows rights management. And i don't know which windows user needs the read/write access.

Thats why i try to find a user with the necessary rights and pass them (if possible) to the open dataset command.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the file access will be done by SAP server, so the user is SAPADM (I think). This is a question you may discuss with your BASIS people. A hint may be that the same rights are needed as for releasing transport requests (because then transport data are written to a file).

The pipe idea is OK but you can't fool the operating system about the user...

Regards,

Clemens