cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the integration online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am using the JDBC sender with polling interval 10 min.

Now there is a requirement to make the integration online. That is when ever the oracle table gets updated with new record meeting the condition, i need to trigger the interface.

Polling interval should not be used.

Please give me the solution for the same.

Thanks in advance

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthikeyan,

I think it is not possible. In sender JDBC adapter, you always need the pool interval.

The onlu solution to carry out your scenario 'almost on line' is to set the pool interval as minimal as you can do it.

I mean, you can set the pool interval to 10 seconds instead to 10 minutes.

Carlos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Gerardo's remarks but if it is absolutely necessary, you may use database triggers to make a servlet call (directly or indirectly) to control the communication channel. However, this would another point of failure and a maintanence mess which might not be worth it.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthi,

I've been told to perform the same scenario in the past and it just complicate things more than make them effective. At the end, I convinced the customer to go for a shorter polling interval instead of implementing a complex solution to drive the polling online.

Look at this blog , It explains how to turn On and Off a communication channel externally, which it is a solution for your scenario, but it means that the external application (the RDBMS or App) should be able to request the channel to be On whenever it inserts a new record and potentially turn it off whenever it's done.

So far, I think that reducing the polling interval is your most effective option, read this blog to find out some tips for the JDBC adapter.

Best regards.

G.