cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Compound" WPC Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my project I am creating some custom web forms. We have a desire to create, for lack of a better term, a "compound" element. Let me try to explain:

I have a page where we will have a list of items. Each item will contain a photo, link, and some descriptive text line items.

If I were to define this as a single web form I'd create an elements area that looks like this:

<elements>
  <element  id="leadername" 
	    description="xml.xlbl.name" 
	    type="inputfield" size="75" 
	    default="true" singleinstance="true" 
	    nodelete="true" />
  <element  id="image" 
	    description="xml.xlbl.image" 
	    type="imageselect" default="true" 
	    singleinstance="false"
	    nodelete="true"/> 
  <element  id="leaderole" 
	    description="xml.xlbl.role" 
	    type="inputfield" size="100" 
	    nodelete="true" />
  <element  id="isexecutive" 
	    description="xml.xlbl.executive" 
	    type="checkbox" 
	    nodelete="true" />
</elements>

I realize we can do this by creating an element of each of these types and creating a template that could hold 50 or 60 of these items, but I think that's overkill. It also requires the page author to do far too much dragging and dropping.

What I'd prefer to do is create a new element that encapsulates these four fields and allows for the author to add new "leaders".

If I could wrap the four elements above inside an element, the element could be repeated and sorted so that the user gets a single form and simply adds as many leaders as they need. Just like a link list, only with these custom items.

So to that end I have the following questions:

Is this possible? If so, are there additional steps required to define this compound element?

Is there a DTD or an XML Schema for these xml documents so I can understand what I can and cannot do? If there is, where is it stored?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although there is no DTD, the following answers the question:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/ffbb4a99807040e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

No, no compound elements