Planning book Creation in SNP
1. I want to change the UOM from Pc to Ton in standard planning area. But this we cannot do in standard planning area.
For this we have to copy the planning area from standard one.
2. Can we copy the planning book from standard planning book with different planning area.
3. If we cannot do the query no. 2 is there any easy method for making the planning book with all the attributes of standard planning book.( I know the Drop & Drag method for making planning book)
PATHAN M replied
Hi you can not change the UOM in standard planning area. Normally you should not make any changes in standard planning area as this can be used as reference and will be great help in trouble shooting .
You should make a copy of planning area and do the desired changes in that PA. Copying planning book is also easy task . Following steps shoudl help
1. Copy the standard planning area 9ASNA02 and assign the new UOM to this PA.
2. copy the Standard planning book using following step
a. Using transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B copy the standard planning book 9ASNP94 and dataview SNP94(1) and give any other name of your choice . You can copy standard dataview and PB by clicking on check box "With reference"
b. Copy 2nd data view in same way.
c. Now in transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B choose the Planning Book you have created in step 2 and in the menu Click on EDIT -> Assign Planning Area
c. Assign the PA you created in step1 to this PB and now you should have a mirror copy of Standarf PA, PB and DV .
D. Go to Macrowork bench for teh two dataview you have created and gnerate all macros again even if their status is green.
Hope this helps