cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In case of non standard materilas i am using VC. And after the material is configured as per the sales order I want that the BOM so formed should be checked by the desogn department for varification before it is available for planning.

Can i put a authorisation check for the same.

If yes please let meknow the settings.

Thanks,

Samar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samar,

This can be achieved using ECM - Engineering Change Management.

For the user who's creating the BOM give the authorization for Change number creation with release key

CC01, and for BOM creation along with the application & BOM Change i.e CS01,CS02 .

For the user's who are going to approve the same from Design department you give the authorization for

setting the release key in CC02 for the Change number so that only if the release key is set the BOM

which's created or changed will become effective and the same can be used for Production or costing etc.

Check & revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems a lot of customisation setting required for the authorisation group. Can you please give detail steps for the setting.

Thanks,

Samar

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samar Das,

Check these settings

1.In OS27 - Check box included for BOM validity maintained,EC Management active,History Requirement.

2.In OS25 - BOM usage 1 & BOM status 1 - History Requirement check box is included.

3.Authorization object C_STUE_NOH is with No.(This is to be done only for the User's who are going to

create/Change BOM's).

4. For setting the Release key that's you have to give the authorization for T code CC02 only to the person's

who are in R&D Department or Design department.(also for CS03).

After making these changes and saving and assigning the same to that user id,logout and login and then

check.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This might need a custom logic - a user exit or something that once the Sales order is created with VC and saved the Bill of material should get a status at the header level as Blocked for planning depending what you want to configure - this status should make BOM not applicable for planning then later on when the design dept approves the BOM they can manually remove the status and make it active. This is a workaround which requires the custom logic. But it is a simple change.

Thanks