cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 offline and online backup restore

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

One of our SAP system got crash due to some hardware problem . we have rectified the problem and installed the OS again.Now could you please tell me how to restore taken SQL both offline and online (DB13) backup to bring the system up to date.

I would appreciate the procedure and steps to be followed for offline and online backup restore on the windows & SQL 2005 system.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many different ways you can approach this.

Is the server that went down both the database host and SAP central instance?

From the ABAP only standpoint, all you need to do is install SQL Server, restore the database using the SQL tools and the backup media from your most current backup, then reinstall SAP.

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to know how to use SQL tools and backup medium for restore (offline and online)..Could you please give me any procedure like step by step..

I would appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check following note

Note 193816 - Restore with SQL Server

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

SQL 2005 offline and online restore specific SAP notes or guide would be more useful.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can take that note as reference.

on a target system first install the SQL server 2005 , restore the most recent backup ,

install the sap system for existing system ( homogeneous system copy for SQL server )

after that apply following sap note.

551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have two scenarios in front me

1) restore the SAP system update with available online backup taken from DB13

2) restore the SAP system update with available offline(SQL) backup taken from SQL management studio

Now I installed the OS and set up partition as previous and installed SQL 2005 as well...what is the next step for case 1 and case 2

How to handle these two scenarios.

I would appreciate your procedure with steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Now that your O/S is working fine. You will have to install your SAP system in the installation screen choose hom sys copy or db-backup, native method.

Then once installed. Restore either your offline backup or your online backup. If you are using a offline backup to restore you can bring up the sap system directly after the restore.

If you are using an online backup you will also have to apply the sap logs before you can bring up your database.

For the restoration procedure you can use both SQL Query or you can do it via the SQL Server enterprise manager.

For hom sys copy guides - check the url http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

This will work. Please award points if useful.

Thanks, Dibya

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not much clear about the first point..Could you please brief it.

Now that your O/S is working fine. You will have to install your SAP system in the installation screen choose hom sys copy or db-backup, native method.

I would appreciate your suggestion.

Answers (0)