cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earned Value analysis on WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Need your advice once again. Can we do Earned Value analysis on WBS level i.e without the use of network/activities etc. If yes, how?

Please explain step by step.

Thanks,

Arya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can

go to progress tab and set the measurement method

if you do not do this system will take the default setting in configuration

at month copy the data to a progress version usually 132 and then run report

by the way EVA is not a easy topic that can be listed in here in steps - you need to understand what EVA really is from a project management perspective before trying to set it up in SAP - it is called Progress Analysis in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra - Thanks for your inputs.

I understand the fact that we have to assign the progress method at the Progress tab in CJ20N. I Apologise if my query was not clear, do you have any idea what configuration is required for Progress Analysis before assigning it on WBS element? I understand what Earned value is, and we achieve this through Progress analysis in SAP.

Arya

Edited by: Arya Singh on Sep 24, 2008 6:07 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

You need to define the measurement method and version (SAP provides a version for EVA). That is the only config required.

Then update WBS or NWA - even this can be defaulted using configuration.

Run month update to version and your dataset is ready

Run progress report to see the details

In ECC 5 or 6 onwards you can also see Progress analysis workbench for whihc you configure a profile - if you do not you will see everything

rgds

Viren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone having any input on Progress analysis??

Please advice.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arya

You can do the following customizing steps... this will help you to configure as per your needs. This is not as per your need, as only you can understand what all the customizations you need to do........

1. Create Progress Version 101 with exclusive use 'Progress Analysis'. I have selected Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - '0'

b) EV basis - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

c) POC weighting - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs (statistical key fig.)- I created three SKFs 10 (Non-Aggregated POC), 20 (Aggregated POC) and 30 (POC for RA) with unit of measure '%' and selected the Key value category 'Total values'.

4. I need to assign these SKFs to different value categories. I created three value category 10, 20 & 30 with selection 'SKF with total values' and unit of measure '%'. Then I assigned SKF 10 to VC 10, SKF 20 to VC 20, SKF 30 to VC 30

5. I assigned measurement method as default value:

a) WBS (Plan) - Cost Proportional

b) WBS (Actual) - Cost Proportional

c) Internal Activity (Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Internal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Exernal activity(Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Exernal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

6. I made progress cost element '6511100' (Secondary cost element) with Cost element category as 61.

7. I maintain a value catagory 6511100 with Cost radio button selected.

And assigned the progress cost element to the value catagory. i.e Cost element 6511100 to value catagory 6511100.

8. I maintain the assignment of cost element group. ie. I assigned progress cost elemnt to cost element group with default radio button selected. In the cost element group, I have selected certain cost elements which we regularly used (cost elements for project materials, project manhours, project contracts, spares etc)

Run CJEN first then CNE1 and CNE5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas. Following all the steps you mentioned but CNE5 is not pulling up the BCWS, BCWP etc (I ran CNE1 before this).

Anyone else..please help.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Have some issues here in RA with Method 07. Can you guys please advice ?

We are using RA method 07- POC Method on Basis of Project Progress Value Determination

While running RA, system calculates the cost of sales as POC*Planned Cost instead of actaul cost.

I am able to see the cost of sales same as Actual cost, while Running the normal RA for the same Project.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Per SAP Doc, RA is possible with method 07- POC Method on Basis of Project Progress Value and System should behave same as normal RA except the POC % from Project Progress Value

Thanks

PS Consultant