cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password has expired + port change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends, i have managed to install NW04 SP15, and can login using the admin/admin combination. when i create another user or try to login using the Administrator loginid it gives me an error "Password has expired". Can some one help me solve this issue.

Also i want to change the 50000 port to the default port of 80. is this possible if yes where is the option to get this done...any help will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i require to change the port coz i wouldnt like the users ti type / remember a url that contains anything different then wats available on the www. port 80 is the standard port for accessing any stuff on the internet/intranet ...hence i would like to change that. i will try using a webserver in between and doing the required redirects.

well when nwsp15 is installed the defualt login name / passwd combination is admin/admin.

also there is a user with the loginid as administrator whose passwd isnt specified during the installation. so after i installed the product i change the passwd of the user. also when i create any other user it tells me that the passwd has been expired...any help on this particularly would be appreciated

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

For using ports other then 50000 consider installation of IISProxy/ISAPI filter as advised in the previous post

For password expiration problem, suppose that you created

a user in ABAP stack, set the password other then initial (in the other words, logon with this user through SAP Gui and set the password after you've created it in SU01)

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can not change the port using WebAS Administration tool.

However you can install another web server e.g. IIS on same portal server and configure IISProxy files in such a way that you can point to port 50000.

This way user can call same url but with different port (that you configure) to access WebAS.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

When you have created the users then you must have given some roles to them. If any of the user you have created has User Administration role, then you can change the password of the "ADMIN" user.

Apart from that you can also set the initial values of admin user from the visual Administration. You can change the setting of the Administrator UID/Pass to defualt which changes it back to admin/admin. I hope these would help you.

Also, I dont know why do you want to change the port to 80. Actually when you install Portal 50000 is the defualt port for it. It is not the 80 port which we generally wants. This is SAP specific port. The port number depends on the J2ee Instance installed at the installation of the Poratl. So I would say that there is no need for changing this port.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful.