Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to do milestone billing. I have done the following steps:

1.I have created a Project with milestones assigned to activities under a network for Downpayment, Partial Invoice and final Payment.

2.Created a sales Order and assigned the WBS on account assignment.A tan type material is assigned to SO.

3.Billing Plan created for SO item by copying the milestone dates from Project.

4.I have confirmed one activity in project and maintained the same date for milestone actual date.

I am facing following problems:

1.The actual date from milestone is not getting copied to billing plan for item in SO.

2.Although the billing block is removed, the billing type is not maintained automatically and I have to maintain it manaully (Is there some config for this?)

3.When I go to billing document, I cant see the document generated automatically as per my milestone billing percentage.On trying to maintain in manually I get the error Item Category TAN cannot have invoice type F1.

Please let me know, how do I automatically maintain the Billing type in Billing plan for SO item and does the billing document gets created automically?

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the copy control for billing document at item level - Xn:VTFA, whether for the item category TAN, copy control is maintained. Most likely, this is not maintained and that could be the problem.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Now i am getting the error "Item is not rleveant for Billing"

What is this and how do i solve it?

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is again related to item category. Pl see whether 'Billing Relevance" under item category is left blank. In any case changing standard item category TAN is not an advisable practice. I suggest you make Z-copy item category TAO and use that in your sales order to overcome these problems.

If the problem is solved, pl close the thread.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I tried hard with all Item Category i.e TAO,TAD an even copying Z type from TAO.

However I am getting the same error i.e. Item is not relevant for billing.Not sure where I am going wrong.

If you dont mind wil cal you tommorow in person.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category TAN is meant for billing document type -F2 (Delivery related billing).

Milestone billing calls for specific item category such as TAO which permits order related milestone billing.

Even if you are configuring your own sales order item category, please make sure the following in item category:

Billing relevance - Order relevat billing -billing plan (I)

Billing plan type - Mile stone billing (01)

Once you make these changes, you will be able to do mile stone billing.

If it solves the problem, please close the thread, otherwise revert.

regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

I am still getting the same error. I have made sure that IC "TAN" is having Billing relevance "I" and Billing plan type "01".

The error in my Billing document log is

"0000000341 000010 Item category TA TAN cannot be invoiced with billing type F2".

My other concern is on confirming the milestone the dates are not getting copied to Billing plan, although they are reflected as milestone actual dates in PS Project, but not in SO.

Do we have some configuration for Billing type and Item Category?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Sarang

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain billing plain in IMG->project system->structures-> milestones->usage.

Other 2 needs to be maintained in SD....something is missing out there.(like assignment of item category to document type).

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinay,

Thanks for reply.However I am not getting the desired result. I am not sure about which SD settings you are talking about.I have already mentioned the assignment of Billing Plan type to Item Category and Sales Document type.

My question is do we have some settings for assigning item category with billing type i.e.F2. Also my confirnmation dates are getting copied to milestone but they are not getting transferred to Billing plan.

Thanks

Sarang