Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have created one material abc111

If i want to change this material to def111,is it possible?

Problem is ,number of materials already created for which i want to change prefex as i asked above

OR I need to create these all materials once again

can I block/flag for deletion the material?

Even if stock exists and some open orders are there with this material

what is the difference between block and flag for deletion and in future can i restore from block/flag for deletion?

Please guide me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per your requirement.

You can change the material abc111 to def111, if any transaction is not done against material abc111 also it have no single quantity of stock.Just change material master detail with MM02.

But if material have any transaction or stock.

Then you have to create new material for def111.

If you want to delete of block material, you can do it with MM05 - Blocked and MM06 - Deletion flag for material.

Difference between block and delete of material.

If you have material which is useful for u, but due to some problem purchase of material is restrict for some duriation at that time you can block material.

And if you have material which is not useful for u, so you can delete it with MM06.

You can change both status of material with same t-code MM05 and MM06.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

In SAP it is not advisible to rename a material description

and use also.

if you do not want to use it

you better block or flag for deletion and archive it later on.

Blocking can be done in material master at various views

depending on your requirement.

field name is X-plant matl status or

MM06-- flag material for deletion

When you mark a finished goods material master for deletion, it does not prevent customer service from booking an order against it. However, MRP ignores it and would not suggest a planned order or a purchase requistion(for buy-outs).

Where in configuration can I block customer service from booking an order for deleted material master?

The best way is to keep the materail status with deleted or blocked for puchase / sales and need to maintain in the materail master.

You cannot delete the material from material master until archiving but you can block that material for any procurement

Goto Basic data 1

X-plant matl status -

01 Blocked for procment/whse

02 Blocked for task list/BOM

10 Blocked for MRP

Select any one.

Valid from -

Here you enter valid date from which the material should be blocked.

So from this your material will be blocked for any PR/PO/any transactions related to Procurement

thanks

prasanna

award if usefull

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First move all the stocks of material abc111 to material def111 using movement type 309 in MB1B

2. Close all the open PRs. POs, etc... for material abc111

3. Then Flag material abc111 for deletion in MM06 or Block it in MM02.

Flag for deletion will get activated for the whole material whereas block is for specific purpose for e.g. Block for Purchase, Sales, BOM usage, Costing, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do a material to material movement with mvmt type 309.

sofia