cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product costing run use the wrong planned price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am busy with my budget for the next fiscal year. The costing variant that I used is as follow:

Use first the planned price 1 then planned price 2 then stander cost, ect. On my material master I have the following:

Planned price 1 valid date from 01.01.2009

Planned price 2 valid date from 01.07.2009

During the product costing run (costing date 01.01.2009 to 31.12.2009) it uses only the planned price 1 and not the average between the planned price 1 and planned price 2. I even swap the dates around as well. The system use only planned price 1 in my calculations. Is this correct? Should the dates on the material master not have an impact on the calculation? I swap the dates around for the material master as follow:

Planned price 1 valid date from 01.07.2009

Planned price 2 valid date from 01.01.2009

The product costing run was done only for period 01.01.2009 to 30.06.2009, but the system only used the planned price 1.

Is there some config setting that I need to change to accommodate this? Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer lies with in "Valuation Date" that you enter on the CK11n screen.

What was the date in that field when you ran your estimates?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, There is one strategy sequence 'Planned Price whose Date is closest to the valuation date' in the Material valuation tab of the Valuation Variant in ECC 6.0 which will meet your requirement of valuation. You can try this. Hope it is available in your SAP system. Trust this helps much! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess cost is being picked exactly the way valuation strategy is defined

planned price 1 : priority 1

planned price 2 : priority 2

standard price: priority 3

So if you want a different cost to be picked up then put that cost in planned price 1 field

Regards,

Reddy