cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing and Tracing of History Password for SAP USER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All . . . I'd like to know if there's a way I can view the previous password used by the user. Is there a chance I can delete it? If yes, 1st What program or TCODE used to view or trace the previous password by the user? 2nd How I can I delete it ? Do you have documents or maybe can you give step by step procedure in this query.

Thanks, Armin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin!

Displaying a password is not part of the design for passwords. They have to stay secret. Even administrators only can set a new password, but they can't see (in clear letters) current passwords.

Of course there is a table, where the last 5 passwords are stored - but you would need to crack the encryption of the passwords. Also deletion is not recommended.

If you want a 'clear' history for your own password, just change it 5 times...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Christian. Thanks for the info. What If you do you want to reset password history for all users? For the reason that being as a user will you able to access or used again the previous password you have set. Is it possible to delete it? In what way? Thanks, Armin

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin!

There is a number of system parameters:

login/disable_password_logon

login/min_password_diff

login/min_password_digits

login/min_password_letters

login/min_password_lng

login/min_password_specials

login/password_change_for_SSO

login/password_charset

login/password_expiration_time

login/password_logon_usergroup

login/password_max_new_valid

login/password_max_reset_valid

which influence validity of passwords (longer list you can see by login/* in transaction RZ11). I thought there has to be somewhere a parameter, how many old passwords have to differ from current one (but didn't find it).

From security point of view, this requirement isn't good. So maybe there is no functionality to do this (based on security reasons).

Regards,

Christian

Answers (0)