Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice creation from FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our external system want to check the sales order status in SAP via webservices.

I don't have a clue about WS's

Do anybody have any really good manuals how to create the web service from function module? Is there any customizing behind that, what to set in SAP to use this web services?

I want to call from the external system SAP function BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS.

Thanks for any info,

BR

Saso

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

To call the BAPI from external system. You need not do any configuration. You will have to know the ip address, the bapi name and the method name.

Search in SDN 'Calling BAPI from external system'. This will help you.

Regards

Farzan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take a look on these?

[Develop a Web Service that sends an Email - in ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3329] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and [Develop a Web Service that sends an Email - in ABAP, Netweaver 04S|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3329] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; these blogs from Thomas Jung explain in details how to create a webservice from a function module.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hello. I've followed the procedure, but since we're using ECC 6.0, transactions WSADMIN and WSCONFIG are obsolete (transaction SOAMANAGER should be used instead). However, when I run SOAMANAGER the system, instead of starting a "classic" transaction, tries to open a web window (Explorer or whatever) and in this window I get the message "Service cannot be reached...error 403, forbidden...". Do I have to configure something in another transaction and/or in system configuration?

br

saso

0 Kudos

To call the BAPI from external system. You need not do any configuration. You will have to know the ip address, the bapi name and the method name.

Search in SDN 'Calling BAPI from external system'. This will help you.

Regards

Farzan