cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduling horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

In the rescheduling horizon ,default value is there which is 999 days with tolerance limits

i know that rescheduling horizon reschedule the fimrmed receipts within tolerance limits

wat it means ,iam planing to chnage to 100 days

wat will be the impact if i chnage to 100 days

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you define rescheduling horizon then you need to define also which firmed receipts to be checked within resheduling horizon in customizing.

During MRP system checks whether you have any firmed receipts to cover the requirement within the reshedulinh horizon. If there then MRP created exception messages in MRP list from where MRP controller can do the adjustment to the firmed receipts if requires.

For example suppose you have a requirement of 100 pieces in this month (01/04/2008) and you have firmed receipt (example purchase order) in the next month ( 05/05/2008) of 150 pieces. Then this requirements and receipts are coming under resheduling horizon (from the day of MRP to next 90 days).

Here MRP creates exception message to the purchase order to BRING FORWRAD the receipt to the date of the requirement ( so this receipt can meet the requirement). Otherwise MRP will create an additonal purchase order for the 100 pieces if rescheduling horizon is not defined.

Likewise MRP also created postpone receipt date if the requirements are in next month and receipt is in this month.

If already available stock is there in plant then MRP created to cancel the receipt if you have created manually.

So you can avoid addtional procurement proposals from MRP by defining the rescheduling horizon.

The purpose is to get exception messages for MRP controller attention so he can reschedule the existing firmed receipts if there and MRP controller can avoid new procurement proposals within rescheduling horizon from MRP.

Please refer this thread also,

[ Rescheduling Horizon|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16630554&messageID=6121220]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you expecting anything more?

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you put 100 days, for net requirement calculation, system will consider the firmed planned orders & receipts within 100 days.

If one firmed planned order is in 4 months before ie 120 days before, system will not consider for net req calculation.

Say demand is 100 on 23.09.08

Resheduling Horizon 100 days

Firmed planned order in 23.04.08

When MRP run system create planned order for 100 qty.

If rescheduling horizon 999 days, system will not create planned order & system propose reschedule the firm planned order to 23.09.08

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dhrma

Say demand is 100 on 23.09.08

Resheduling Horizon 100 days

Firmed planned order in 23.04.08

,i got demnad for FG 100 today( 23.09.08),after i run the M R P

sytem will create planed order for FG ....with today date ...,

but u told firmed order is in past date,iam littilebit confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Demand for FG 100 today( 23.09.08).

While MRP run, system will check the stock of FG. If it is not available, it will create planned order. This is general concept.

While net req calculation, system will check firmed planned orders & firmed procurement proposal.

This checking period defined in Rescheduling horizon ie,100 days.

If the firmed planned order outside 100 days(23.04.08), system will not consider for net req calculation, so system create planned order.

If you increase to 999 days, system will consider that planned order ( 23.04.08 within 999 days) & propose to reschedule the planned order to 23.08.04

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i got it nmy client has 200 days procurement for few materials ,to cover into m R P shall i put rescheduling horizon for around 230 days to cover all variants....