cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in transit when doing a tranfer from plant to plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm doing a transfer between two plants (from the same company). I have defined movement 303 for the outbound delivery and i have defined movement 301 in WM interfaces.

When i create the outbound delivery (with VL10B) the system is assigning the wrong destination storage type in tab Picking for the warehouse data. It is assigning the destination storage type from movement 601 so when we do the pciking instead of assigning the correct movement (301) it is assigning movement 601.

Can you help me figuring out why is the wrong dest. st. type appearing when i create the outbound delivery?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Raquel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the search strategy for picking in strategy and also check the stock removal indicator maintained in material master.

Is the system assigning a wrong WM movemnet type also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Yes when i do the picking it is assigning the wrong movement type (not the one defined in WM interfaces).

I have checked the strategies and material master and everything seems ok.

What else should i check?

Your help is much apreeciated.

BR,

Raquel

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

You can assign movement type to a schedule line category, a schedule line catgory to a sales item.

How did you 'define' the mvt 'for outbound delivery'?

First you should make your mvt assignment work in IM, WM comes only after that...

However, it's very strange that you defined a standard mvt for your outbound delivery that is not for that purpose. Even mvt 601 is not for stock transfer...what are you doing exactly???

Please check standard process:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/4d/2b90dc43ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba