Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR is not asking for the activity creation

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new DC in the existing track .DTR doesn't ask the creation of new activity while creating the new DC creation.

I have copied the src folder from an existing web dynpro project to the src folder in the new DC at that time also DTR doesn't ask for option 'Add To DTR'.

I went to Navigator view.There i right clicked on the SRC folder of DC.Then when i choose DTR option from the context menu its showing only one oprion 'share project'.It doesn't showing ' Add to DTR ' option.

Can DTR server restart will solve the aboce issue?

Thanks

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susmita,

you must have created new dc from active dcs section.try to create a dc from inactive dcs section

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing problem that is DTR is not asking for Check Out whenever i am creation a new DC under Inactive View section.

If i am modifying something in the code to the existion DC present in the Inactive DC section DTR is asking for Check Out option.

For new DC when i select " Share Project " option from context menu it will open the DTR perspective with list of folders but Finish button will be enable only when i am selection folder TopLevelDCs from the development conconfiguration.Thays why i ahve selected TopLevelDCs and after that DTR asked for Activity creation.

However still home symbol is appearing in DC name.This activity now contains the SC folder in its activity list.Can i check-in this activity now?After check in the activity will the home symbol will be gone from DC name?

Thanks

Susmita

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have re imported the configuration.Then create new DC in the inactive DC section.

While creation of DC DTR doesn't ask for an Activity.I went to navigation folder and from the context menu i have selected Share project and choose the folder TopLevelDCs from development configuration.After that DTR asked the for an activity.

Still the DC name is showing in home symbol.In the local DC section of development configuration i am able to see only DC Meta Data and Bin folder only.Src folder is not there.If i will check-in the activity can the DC be available in Active DC section also ?

Recently basis team migrated NWDI from 6.40 to 7.0.However they have added the build dependecies of 6.40 instead of 7.0 to the track.May be for the build dependecies of version 6.40 we are getting such type of error in NWDS.We are using NWDS 2.0.15 as our EP is 6.0 sp15.

Thanks

Susmita

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i have selected Share project and choose the folder TopLevelDCs from development configuration.After that DTR asked the for an activity.
Still the DC name is showing in home symbol.In the local DC section of development configuration i am able to see only DC Meta Data and Bin folder only.Src folder is not there

why dont you try add to dtr option now.

This is happening at other places to? can you try editing existing project. so you can make sure its DTR's fault

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created DC in inactive DC section only.While creating the DC i have selected the option Local development.

When i select the Share project from context menu i am unable to find the DC name in the Development configuration .However i am able to see the DC in the local DC section not in Inactive DC section.Also home symbol(Blue mark like its there for bin,gen folder in InactiveDC section) is appearing on the DC name at local DC section.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

You created the DC in the wrong configuration. The Inactive DCs view only shows Development Configurations of the NWDI server. The Local Development configuration is only available in your NWDS. You should have created your DC in the Inactive DCs view.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Home symbol is appearing on the DC name at local DC section.

that means your DC is created as local only.

what dont you try again to create a new DC. it should ask you a activty. re-import configuration if possible

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As context menu its showing only one oprion 'share project

so choose it.

first check in development configuration perspective, that the new DC you have creates is showing in inactive DC's of your track.

if the DC is there then from context menu of your project just choose share project option and give the ref of DC in track.

then you'll get an option of add to DTR.

But if project is not showing in development configuration perspective then you will need to create it once again.

P.S. check .log file of your NWDS for any error.