cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filr to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have few scenarios on File-XI-BAPI(RFC). We are simply mapping the file fields to BAPI fields. Would that be sufficient to update the data in R/3 or do we need to write any program in R/3 to update this data in R/3. If yes, do suggest me how to write the program.

Also let me know how can I test whether data is updated in R/3.

Thanks in Advance.

Radhika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have access to R/3 system then you can check otherwise consult with your R/3 person. He'll take care of it.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a RFC to File scenario, do i need to write code in R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

In case of File2RFC if you are using BAPI's I would suggest to go with Proxies where you need to write the code using SPROXY transaction at R3 side,because BAPI's will fail if you dont use COMMIT BAPI after your any standard BAPi,so in this case I would suggest you to write your code in the message interface class which will be seen in sproxy transaction[R3 side].

Thanks

Sudharshan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

ParvathyS_SAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29&;

for testing.. go through the given link..

hope this helps

Edited by: parvathy sriraman on Sep 23, 2008 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

It depends on your BAPI type. If it is a standard BAPI, you will not need to do anything else. But if your BAPI is a Z_BAPI, you will need to implement the code in order to proccess the data.

What is the BAPI are you using?

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mine is a Standard BAPI. Our scenario is Async scenario.

Who will take care of the testing in R/3? As a XI person I need to go n check it in R/3 or can I ask R/3 ppl to do that?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

To update in R/3 you need to write the program and for testing you can test the RFC in se37 and check the corresponding entries in corresponding tables.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of Any Program to update the data in R/3.

We have to Use RFC/BAPI Function Module, this will take care abt Insersion of data into R/3

once the process is success means, we can check the Corresponding Tables in R/3,

means which tables shld update by this Process, we can check those

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope it helps u:

thanks,

latika.