cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in retriving workitem id from uwl in abap webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two abap dynpro applications. In very first application creates workflow using 'EWW_WORKFLOW_START'and executable task of created workflow is

displayed in uwl of particular user .

When user executes this workitem i want to call another abap webdynpro application which i have done through creating iview (Code below). This called application

takes workitem id passed from uwl and read the container of this workitem and do further action.

Now to pass this workitem it from uwl and receive it in abap dynpro application i have used steps mentioned in below document.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0731bbc-810b-2a10-7fb8-900f16fd3c7d]

To achieve this i have done following steps :

1. Created a workflow and inside this workflow called a task TS96900268. inside this task i called object type WEBSERVICE and method is DISPLAY.

Classified this task as GENERAL task and assigned the user who started this workflow as agent of this task.

2. in T-code SWFVISU I have created following entry for my TASK ID TS96900268

Visualization Type : WD_ABAP ABAP Web Dynpro

Visualization Parameter as below.

APPLICATION ZEMP_REF

DYNPARAM WI_ID=${item.externalId}

NAMESPACE sap

SYSTEM_ALIAS ESS

3. Uwl Customization code for call application through iview.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS96900268.UWL"; connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="UWL" connector="WebFlowConnector" externalType="TS96900268"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchIView" handler="IViewLauncher">

<Properties>

<Property name="iview" value="pcd:portal_content/com.adani.Test_ID/Gurprit.Guruid/iview.iview/zemp_ref_iview";/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="WI_ID=${item.externalId}"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

4. To receive this workitem id setting in webdynpro application are as follows. These steps are exactly same as mentioned in the document inn the above Link.

in my ABAP webdypro application has window name ZEMP_REF in this window ther is one DEFAULT Inbound Plug is created.(automatically when i created

this application) This plug has Event Handler HANDLEDEFAULT and it calls a method HANDLEDEFAULT and in this method i have created 1 importing

parameter WI_ID type STRING and i have written following code.

WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->WORKITEMID = WI_ID.

here WORKITEMID is an attribute i created in COMPONENTCONTROLLER of my webdynpro application.

After doing all this still i m not able to receive my workitem ID in my ABAP web dynpro application.. what could be the reason or is there any step which i have missed in this....???.

Help will be appriciated by golden points.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have the same problem has you had before, and please help me out in the same.

how to import workitem id from workflow container or task to abap webdynpro

here i am using the 'SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER 'FM and here the import parameter is workitem id so how to get the workitem id . please help me out to get workitem id so that i can pass to the fm and get the container value.

very urgent.

waiting for reply

Thanks & Regards.

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you confirm how this was fixed as I have the same issue, but been unable to discover how to resolve.

If you can help I would appreciate it.

Regards

Kai