cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Bex-Query in Web - Problem with Pop-Up-Blocker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I execute a query directly from Query designer - Ctrl+R- I do run into a message box, saying that for the given URL a pop-up blocker would be active and therefore the Bex-Web-application must be cancelled.

The was also a hint to note 919196 which I did read.

I entered the given URL into my IE-configuration saying that pop-ups souldn't be blocked for this URL, but this had no effect. I finally ended up by totally deactivate the pop-up-blocker but this had no effect as well.

So I'm totally confused what I need to change in addition (either on my client side or may be s.t.h to change on the server side ??)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you close IE then reopen IE ?

Maybe you can check if the pop-up blocker is not set up by company's rules (a kind of script executing every time IE is launched)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which version of IE do you use?

Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the version of your query designer.

Regards, Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the original poster, did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am encountering the same. No toolbars, disabled pop-ups in IE7. Seems to be isolated to my machine, other PCs in the organization work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

were able to solve the problem entering sapregsv.exe mshtml.tlb in C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup.

It seems to be an alternative to reinstall the Internet Explorer.

The original source of the solution is:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/sap-gui-removal-breaks-ie-integration...

SAP GUI removal breaks I.E. integration, 3rd answer (thecdog on 11/13/2008)

Best regards

Thomas

See "main" thread PopUp blocker preventing BI 7.0 Web reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

IE: 7.0.5730.13CO Build 75730

BEX: BI AddOn 7.x (based on 7.10). Support Package 4, Revision 528

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are sure that only one popupblocker is activated on your system. Sometime toolsbar (like Goggle toolbar) has popupblockers too. I've try it in my environment and I have no errors.

Regards, Thomas