cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding file content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m getting the .txt format in target diroctory.if i will open that txt file its showing xml structure.but i need it as file format so what iwill do for this.

I think for this i need to use file content conversion.m i right?if m right please suggest to me how i will use this to my scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchitra,

For receiving a Flat FIle on Target Side, you have to configure File Content Conversion (FCC) in Receiver Communication Channel.

Just to help, settings of Receiver Communication Channel are below.

1. Message Protocol u2013 File Content Conversion

2. Content Conversion Parameters need to be configured

2.a. : Doc Name : Message Type

2.b : Doc Namespace : Message Type Namespace

2.c : Recordset Structure: Elements under DataType

2.d : Recordset Sequence: Ascending

3. Parameters need to be added to say FieldSeparator, RecordSeparator(end separator), fieldnames etc.,.These might have to be changed based on your file type, like for fixed length file, field separator will not be there.

Further you can check the following for more information:

PI7 content conversion help page

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm]

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file that you are receiving is also in a flat file format......unless and until you convert the flat file to CSV file format you will be always getting a file with xml tags.....thats how XI works.....you can follow any of the links provided above to do FCC on the receiver communication channel....if you can search further you can even get a How To Guide on FCC....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u need to use FCC at receiver file adapter:

plz refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

thanks,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes u hav to do the content conversion.

Have look at this links

reciever file communication channel

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If My Understading is Correct means,

You have to get the .txt file in the receiver directory.

Use FCC at Receiver side,Check this

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this blog

receiver FCC

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried.but m getting this error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'Conversion configuration error: Unknown structure 'ns1:MT_HyperionReport' found in document', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)': java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'Conversion configuration error: Unknown structure 'ns1:MT_HyperionReport' found in document', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

Actually my input structure is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_ECCReport xmlns:ns0="urn:syngenta.com:i_ecc_erp:se:global:fi_reports:common">

<ACTFiscalyear>siva</ACTFiscalyear>

<StartPeriod>44</StartPeriod>

<EndPeriod>55</EndPeriod>

<LineItems>

<ReportingUnit>rama</ReportingUnit>

<ProfitCentre>844</ProfitCentre>

<Amount>855</Amount>

</LineItems>

</ns0:MT_ECCReport>

and in FCC i wrote below these three lines:

LineItems.fieldSeparator 'nl'

MT_HyperionReport.fieldSeparator 'nl'